Monday 16 December 2019

summer learning journey day one

food groups
lime-because I do not want scurvy and there were limes
fish-because you can just get more by fishing
rice-because it is a grain
live pigs/live piglets-live because e do not have storage
flowering fruit trees and live plants-because of pigs and you
live chicken-because
seeds(whole)-because of chickens and more food to the place you're going
water-we need to drink
cows-for milk
potatoes-so we can grow more and to eat



equipment
cooking slate-for cooking raw meat without setting the boat on fire
boat-so we can set sail
fishing rod-to catch food
knife-for killing and prepping animals

1 comment:

  1. Hey Aaron!

    My name is Matilda. I live in Auckland, and this summer I am working as one of the blog commenters that will be reading and commenting on your blog posts. I am really looking forward to reading everything you post for the summer learning journey, and getting to know you a bit better!
    Wow, you have done a really good job on this blog post! I love how you thought of what equipment you would bring, as well as what foods. I can tell you have thought very carefully about the foods you would bring with you on a journey to sea! The foods you have listed would be perfect if you were travelling to a new island to live!

    What foods do you think you would bring if you were going to stay on a boat for three weeks? (I think the boat would get a bit crowded if you had cows, pigs, and chickens onboard for three weeks!)

    I really liked how you thought carefully about your answer! Thank you for this post. I’m looking forward to your reply to see what foods you would bring to stay on the boat for three weeks!

    Matilda
    :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.